Sharp Gaming is a Manchester-based start-up that specialises in creating cutting-edge gambling software solutions that deliver true value to our clients.
Degree 53 are an award-winning design and software development agency, based in Manchester City Centre, that specialises in UX design and software development. We are five years old and have had continued year-on-year growth. We design and build websites, mobile apps, full platforms and provide product and digital consultancy which deliver true value to our clients. More recently we have been building our own products.
We want a Technical Architect to take responsibility for designing new products and features on our platform and work closely with the development teams to ensure the features are built to the design. You will need to communicate effectively with different team members and third party service providers to ensure that the solutions developed match the project’s functional and nonfunctional requirements. If this sounds like you, keep reading...
You will work closely with the product stakeholders, project management and technical teams to design new features and align them with improvements and BAU work.
You will be hands on with the development teams to ensure the solutions they develop implement the designs and achieve the necessary results.
What we expect
The core solution is based around RabbitMQ, with .NET WCF and Web API’s with MySQL, RethinkDB and MongoDB databases, with a responsive and adaptive web frontend built on React hosted on Node.js. There are numerous third party integrations so the successful candidate requires knowledge and skills that are both broad and deep and be able to work across complex heterogeneous systems and environments.
You will sit within the Architecture team reporting to the Enterprise Architect.
The Skills You Should Have
- Have experience in a Technical Architecture or a Lead Developer role in a similar scale system
- Worked extensively on the technologies mentioned or equivalent applicable ones, e.g. different message queue or NoSQL data store
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience in the gaming industry is a significant advantage
- Enjoys getting involved at the low level when required
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written, you will be responsible for documentation for internal and external parties
- Hardworking and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
The good stuff...
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month
- Referral bonus
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Health cash plan
- Brand new state of the art office space with a cosy breakout area, Wii U and PS4 consoles
- Regular social events
- Monthly team lunches