Sharp Gaming is a Manchester-based start-up that specialises in creating cutting-edge gambling software solutions that deliver true value to our clients.
Software Development Manager
The team is expanding, and we’ve identified the need for a Development Manager to work with our teams to help us continue to build our gambling platform. This is a new role due to the expansion of the team. If this sounds interesting, keep reading...
Degree 53 are an award-winning digital agency based in Manchester that specialises in the gambling sector. We design and build websites, web and native apps as well as end-to-end betting and gaming platforms.
You will be responsible for managing the day to day priorities, objectives and delivery of our software development teams. You will be line managing the development team including recruitment and 1:1 sessions and taking part in the relevant agile ceremonies. As well as those hands off times, you’ll still get some hands on time with our platform helping the teams meet their goals.
What we expect
A keen attention to detail is a must and a desire to deliver a quality product on time and to plan. You’ll need to be organised, as well as a problem solver with good people skills.
You will report to the Head of Development, with line management of the .NET and Frontend teams.
The Skills You Should Have
- Significant commercial experience developing large complex platforms
- Knowledge of relevant design patterns
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience of line managing
- Expertise in performance optimization
- Experience of Unit and functional testing is important, not necessarily strict TDD
- Experience in the gaming industry is a significant advantage
- Experience mentoring is an advantage
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others from different backgrounds technical and non-technical
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
The good stuff...
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Health cash plan
- Brand new state of the art office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 console
- Regular Social Events
- Monthly Team Lunches