Sharp Gaming is a Manchester-based start-up that specialises in creating cutting-edge gambling software solutions that deliver true value to our clients.
Senior #C .NET Developer
We are looking for a senior C# .NET developer to join our team at Degree 53 to work on our own product. We’re building an enterprise level gaming platform and are growing our team of experienced developers –as our product continues to expand. Working alongside our developers at all levels with a wide variety of tech, you’ll be helping us deliver a complex product into an interesting and challenging market.
Degree 53 is based in Manchester city centre and has around 120 team members. Around half of them are working on building our gambling platform fit for the enterprise market. The product is well funded, and we have a long term vision for it with lots of opportunities in the future. The other half of the business is an award-winning agency that specialises in the online betting and gaming sector, as well as working across several other industries. We design and build websites, web and native apps, as well as end-to-end platforms. If this sounds like something that excites you, keep reading...
You will be responsible for implementing sections of functionality, or making updates to existing features, ensuring they are delivered on time with the correct approach and to the standards defined by the development leads.
Our tech stack includes some of the latest design patterns and tools as well as established tech that needs additional features building on. For example, SQL, NoSQL, caching services, messaging services, C# Windows Services, WebAPI, WCF, WPF, Winforms, Microsoft Orleans… all used to build a platform that has integration to internal and external services.
What we expect
For our senior vacancy, we’re looking for someone who’s worked on .NET backend/middleware systems, implementing complex logic and third-party integrations. This should be someone who is familiar with large scale systems and is comfortable working with a team – ideally a product or service that has a large team working on multiple workstreams.
In all our vacancies, we’re looking for someone who wants to take the next step in their career moving to an enterprise scale platform. Just like anyone in Software Development, you’ll be hungry to learn, but you should already be familiar with working on commercial systems. We’d expect you to be aware of design patterns and principles appropriate to the systems you have worked on, and have an excellent grounding in C# OOP programming. For all our roles, a keen attention to detail is a must and we want you to thoroughly test your work prior to it being handed over for the formal QA process.
You will sit within .NET middleware team reporting to the Development Manager.
The Skills You Should Have
- Commercial experience in .NET with C# on complex systems
- Experience with N-Tier architecture/SOA
- Knowledge of relevant design patterns
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Demonstrable experience of building Web Services, WebAPI and WCF
- Database experience, schema design and SQL with MySQL
- NoSQL experience also beneficial, as is any knowledge of MS Orleans.
- Any history working with WinForms/WPF is extremely useful
- Expertise in performance optimization
- Experience of Unit and functional testing is important, not necessarily strict TDD.
- Source Control, must be confident using Git for all roles
- Experience working in an Agile or Kanban environment
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience in the gaming industry is a significant advantage
- Experience taking ownership of a system or sub-system is an advantage
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
The good stuff...
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month
- Monthly team lunches
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Health cash plan
- Brand new state of the art office space with a cosy breakout area, Wii U and PS4 consoles
- Regular Social Events
- Referral Bonus