Sharp Gaming is a Manchester-based start-up that specialises in creating cutting-edge gambling software solutions that deliver true value to our clients.
Senior .NET Developer
The expanding team needs a .NET Developer to work on the backend .NET Services and Back Office tool. This will involve development of new features as well as enhancing existing ones.
Sharp Gaming is a brand new, well-funded startup based in Manchester, on a mission to create next generation software for the gambling industry. We build state-of-the-art solutions for global enterprises and large businesses, looking to roll out exciting and engaging gaming products to their customers. We’re at the beginning of our journey, so we have a lot of work ahead and expect many big technological challenges.
You will be responsible for implementing sections of functionality or making updates to existing features ensuring they are delivered on time with the correct approach and to the standards defined by the senior .NET developers / team lead.
Our tech stack includes some of the latest design patterns and tools as well as established tech that needs additional features building on. For example, SQL, NoSQL, caching services, messaging services, C# Windows Services, WebAPI, WCF, WPF, Winforms, Microsoft Orleans… all used to build a platform that has integration to internal and external services.
What we expect
We’re looking for someone who’s worked on .NET backend/middleware systems implementing complex logic and third-party integrations. A keen attention to detail is a must and we want you to thoroughly test your work prior to it being handed over for the formal QA process.
You will sit within .NET middleware team reporting to the .NET Team Lead.
The Skills You Should Have
- Significant commercial experience in .NET with C#
- Experience with N-Tier architecture/SOA
- Knowledge of relevant design patterns
- Good understanding of OOP concepts
- Demonstrable experience of building Web Services, WebAPI and WCF
- Database experience, schema design and SQL with MySQL
- NoSQL experience also beneficial, as is any knowledge of MS Orleans
- Any history working with WinForms is extremely useful
- Expertise in performance optimisation
- Experience of Unit and functional testing is important, not necessarily strict TDD
- Any frontend experience is useful
- Source Control using Git
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience in the gaming industry is a significant advantage
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Experience taking ownership of a system or sub-system is an advantage
The good stuff...
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month
- Referral bonus
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Health cash plan
- Brand new state of the art office space with a cosy breakout area, Wii U and PS4 consoles
- Regular Social Events
- Monthly Team Lunches