Sharp Gaming is a Manchester-based start-up that specialises in creating cutting-edge gambling software solutions that deliver true value to our clients.
Platform Monitoring Engineer
Our mission is to “Improve the digital experience for all” and the performance is the key. We are looking for a skilled, self-motivated, resourceful Platform Engineer to develop, execute performance & platform monitoring, identify the issues and propose the next actions. If this sounds like you, keep reading…
Degree 53 are an award-winning design and software development agency, based in Manchester City Centre, that specialises in UX design and software development. We are five years old and have had continued year-on-year growth. We design and build websites, mobile apps, full platforms and provide product and digital consultancy which deliver true value to our clients. More recently we have been building our own products and this has led to a huge growth.
● You will be responsible for configuring/creating tools to monitor network, OS and the applications in both development and production environments. ● Continually improve the monitoring architecture.
● Ensure monitoring is provided for all technical changes ● Web UI/UX Performance monitoring
What we expect
The core solution is based around RabbitMQ, with .NET WCF and Web API’s with MySQL, RethinkDB and MongoDB databases, with a responsive and adaptive web frontend built on React hosted on Node.js and a CMS based on Ruby on Rails so we’re looking for someone with good experience monitoring applications using these technologies. You must be keen on keeping up-to-date with new technologies, techniques and processes, and identify where these could lead to improvements for your role.
You will sit within the DevOps team reporting to Head of Architecture and TechOps.
The Skills You Should Have
- APM technologies such as App Metrics (OSS) or Dynatrace (Commercial)
- Experience of time series databases such as Prometheus or InfluxDB
- Knowledge and experience of Zabbix
- Experience with Grafana
- Experience monitoring SQL Databases (mysql) and NoSql Databases (RethinkDB, MongoDB)
- Understanding the data collected, reports generated by the monitoring tools, and making suggestions based on data evidence
- Knowledge of Web Based technologies
- Experience monitoring both windows and linux operating systems
- Logging/SIEM technologies, e.g Splunk
- Experience with network monitoring
- Experience with tracing tools such as zipkin
- Any history in the gambling or financial industries
The good stuff...
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Health cash plan
- Brand new state of the art office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 console
- Regular Social Events
- Monthly Team Lunches