Sharp Gaming is a Manchester-based start-up that specialises in creating cutting-edge gambling software solutions that deliver true value to our clients.
.NET Developer (Contract)
We design and build websites, web and native apps as well as end-to-end betting and gaming platforms and we’re looking for a .NET Developer to join us on a contract basis for 3 months initially, but could be extended.
Degree 53 are an award-winning digital agency based in Manchester that specialises in the gambling sector. We design and build websites, web and native apps as well as end-to-end betting and gaming platforms and we’re looking for a mid-level .NET Developer to join the team to work on one of our existing platforms. We are setting up a new team to support this platform and we want a .NET Developer to work on the backend .NET Services and WinForms Back Office tool. This will involve significant development of new features. If this sounds like you, keep reading...
You will be responsible for implementing sections of functionality or making updates to existing features ensuring they are are delivered on time with the correct approach and to the standards defined by the more senior .NET developers. You will be supporting the system when it goes live so you will be required to understand all elements of the platform, not just the backend.
We’re looking for someone who’s worked on .NET backend systems implementing complex logic and third-party integrations. A keen attention to detail is a must and we want you to thoroughly test your work prior to it being handed over for the formal QA process.
What we expect
You will sit within the new team reporting to the Lead Frontend Developer.
The Skills You Should Have
- Significant commercial experience in .NET with C#
- Experience with N-Tier architecture/SOA
- Knowledge of relevant design patterns
- Good understanding of OOP concepts
- Source Control using Git
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience in the gaming industry is a significant advantage
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Demonstrable experience of building Web Services using WCF
- Database experience, schema design and SQL with MySQL
- NoSQL experience also beneficial
- Any history working with WinForms is extremely useful
- Expertise in performance optimization
- Unit and functional testing is a big bonus
- Any frontend experience is also useful
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
The good stuff...
- Competitive salary
- Brand new state of the art office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 consoles
- Regular social events
- Monthly team lunches